[sdiy] 4x4 Button Pads bulk order

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Wed Jan 14 20:38:05 CET 2015

Hi,

So the plan is to make a PCB of your own that accepts these? Have you
tried the PCB "extensively". Reason I ask is although these and the
Sparkfun items interest me, I'm concerned about the longer term
reliability of using them with a tinned solder contact. Shouldn't it be
gold or something on the PCB end?  I'm just asking here as it's not my
area of expertise. But I am, along with many of us, experienced with
rubber contacts not working after a period of time.  Are Livid and
Tenori, etc. doing it a certain way to enhance reliability?

GB