[sdiy] sh09 cv out drops again

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 14:07:04 CET 2015

> It has no guard ring on the pcb around LF13741, but datasheet talks
> about that. It has a cardboard with metal foil connected to ground
> above this area.

Maybe the foil-backed cardboard screening sheet has absorbed moisture
and become slightly conductive.  You could try putting some polythene
sheet between the cardboard and the sensitive sample-and-hold area of
the PCB.  Or temporarily removing the foil/cardboard sheet, and see if
the leakage problem goes away.  (As far as I know this screening sheet
in the SH-09 is to stop 50/60Hz electric fields from the mains wiring
underneath from introducing pitch warble into the expo-converter on the
PCB.)

I guess that ideally the PCB would have a guard ring and be coated with
conformal coating to keep leakage currents in the S&H under control in
high humidity environments.

-Richie,