[sdiy] Sallen Key with input mixing to generate all shapes

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 14:02:36 CET 2015

I guess so.  I think I would have just replaced the two whole
"OTA/capacitor/voltage follower" sections with integrator blocks.  i.e. a
box with an integrator symbol inside, because that's what those blocks are
doing.  So it would just be a signal flow diagram then, not an electrical
schematic/

The part that is most visually confusing for me is the bottoms of C1 and C2
being connected to something that I don't know the output impedance of.  I'd
need to think about this some more.  Maybe it's just me that finds it
difficult to get my head round though, so I wouldn't worry!

Have you tried drawing the whole thing out as a complete analogue circuit?
I know you're mostly interested in digital modelling, so it's probably
unwanted extra work for you, but many analogue synth enthusiasts might be
tempted to try and build prototypes of these filters out of op-amps and OTAs
if a complete electrical schematic was also presented.

Thanks again for sharing your work,

-Richie,