[sdiy] Microcontrollers for eurorack use... What to use?

Terry Shultz thx1138 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 3 03:26:35 CET 2015

Hi Folks,

MicroChip, Freescale, ADI and several others have 16bit MCU with DSP.

TI has ARM with DSP and ADI as well.

Free samples are only partly of interest, Tools and Debug modules are all over the pricing Map.

I am presently using a SIGMA dsp from ADI and it gives pretty decent performance.

Freescale 16bit MCU with DSP uses CodeWarrior and that tool can be had cheaply for small memory footprint based devices.

I actually like Keil, ARM and IAR tools better.

It would be nice to get a current matrix of devices for 2015 that are interesting for Hobby level work.

best of regards,

Terry