[sdiy] Microcontrollers for eurorack use... What to use?

Guy Taylor geekon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:03:38 CET 2015

Hi everyone!
My first post after observing for many years... :)

I have been making some eurorack modules lately, all analog which has
been a lot of fun, but now want to try some micro-controller based
stuff. And there are two levels of cpu power i'm considering.

Something simple, like for a CV recorder and something more complex,
like a multi channel audio looper.

I realize there are many options but what do you guys think would be a
good starting point for projects like the two above?

Ideally factoring in:
Chip types/families, ram, flash etc
Built in features: audio io?
Power consumption - the less the better
Maturity of existing libraries for audio etc

I have decades experience with c/c++/c#, so the code doesn't worry me
too much, I really would like to select hardware which is appropriate,
rather than just guessing (i tried some test with netduino boards but
there seemed slow and not great for realtime stuff)

Thanks in advance
Guy