[sdiy] Buchla Music Easel circuit adaptation PCBs NYE sale

Lanterman, Aaron lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 1 00:34:08 CET 2015

Dear SDIYers,

Long-time readers of this list may recall my side project of creating PCB layouts of bits of circuitry from the Buchla Music Easel, adapting them so they could act as stand-alone synth modules.

I don’t have any of the preamp/envelope detector boards available. But I do have timbre & crossfader boards, balanced modulator boards, and envelope generator boards; and I also have a limited number of pulser and lowpass gate boards available.

Docs on the boards are here:

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma/buchla/boards

They should be considered advanced projects; I started working on them for my own purposes, and others in the synth DIY community were interested.

If you are interested in building some of these, drop me a line at this lanterma at ece.gatech.edu address and I will send you details. (I just switched computers around when I had to get one repaired and don’t have my alternate e-mail set up in my mail program at the moment, so just use this one for now.)

A tradition I started a few years ago was to give people free shipping if they ordered by midnight on NYE. I’m getting this note out late, so let’s change it to 6:00 U.S. East coast time on New Years Day.

Aaaaaaand, I’ll also give everyone $5 off the usual cost timbre & crossfader, balanced modulator, and envelope generator boards ordered in the same time frame (since I have more of those).

- Aaron