[sdiy] Ladder filters and gain drop, that old chestnut

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sat Aug 29 23:14:06 CEST 2015

Den 28 aug 2015 7:06 em skrev "Richie Burnett" <rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
>:
>>
>> Not entirely - due to other imperfections, the bass drops several
decibels when the resonance is turned down to zero. This gives the
characteristic and somewhat nasal in-your-face midrange of the non-resonant
TB with open filter. :-)

> Mine sound most bass heavy and loudest with the resonance turned down.
They sound nasal, "wet" and quieter with the resonance cranked up.

I was referring to a comparison with an unfiltered signal, not a resonant
TB sound. :-) The passband is not flat with the resonance turned down, but
gets much flatter when resonance is turned up a tiny bit (but not to the
point where a resonant peak is starting to take form).

/mr