[sdiy] [Bit Off Topic] Roland AX-1B restortation

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Mon Aug 24 15:22:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

Hoping this slightly off topic query is ok.

I've just picked up a Roland AX-1B (Like an AX-1 but Black instead of
Red) keytar secondhand on an "as-is" basis.  Made in Italy no less :)

Electrically it looks to be fine but the case has a number of broken
standoffs that have come away and the one pot it has is broken.

The standoffs are sheared pretty cleanly in most cases (still attached
to the self tapper screw) so I'm going to have a go at gluing them back on.

Being late '90s era however there are no recycling or other plastic-type
markers.  Hence I'd be interested to hear from sdiy folks as to what
plastic it's likely to be and/or glues to try.

If it were ABS I gather airplane glue is the right stuff, or a little
acetone and abs shaving mixed up into a goop...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Cheers,
Hugh

PS I was pleased to see the main MCU is a 68HC11 - that brings back some
memories for me :)