[sdiy] transformers, power amps, and op amps.

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Wed Aug 19 11:56:45 CEST 2015

Alfred,

Tom is right, all you need is an op-amp. That Class B Audio Amplifier you're looking at is a *power* amplifier for driving speakers. You shouldn't use it unless you actually want to drive speakers. All you need is a *voltage* amplifier to go from line level to your ±12 V system. An op-amp with a ±12 V supply can easily boost line level inputs to the voltages you need. Just look for basic op-amp voltage gain circuits. Basically, add a couple of resistors and you're good.

Brian