[sdiy] 7-segment LED displays with 4511 driver chip - max current?

Ullrich Peter Peter.Ullrich at kapsch.net
Mon Aug 10 10:02:19 CEST 2015

And if you use other I2C controllers you can have up to 28 IOs in one chip. (push-pull possible, but interrupts on input for only a few lines) http://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/interface/controllers-expanders/MAX7300.html

There is also a SPI version available with similar IOs
http://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/3371/part/MAX7301

But on the negative side you are single sourced with these parts.

For standard parts there are also 16 bit version widely available: PCF8575
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/pcf8575.pdf

Ciao
Peter

http://www.ullrich.at.tt