[sdiy] How do contemporary velocity sensitive midi pads work?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Fri Aug 7 20:46:23 CEST 2015

On Aug 7, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Gordonjcp <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 03:44:44PM -0400, nvawter wrote:
>> while striking it.  I've also been trying to emphasize the sound
>> differences between a fingertip strike and
>> a fingernail strike!  I know it's possible, I've recorded the
>
> I wonder if you sampled them quickly enough if you could use it as the "injection" signal for a Karplus-Strong line?

I think it would work.

The first implementation of K-S that I studied was on the 1 MHz Apple ][, and it used only 256 samples of 8-bit "noise" (probably uniform distribution) to inject signal. I assume that the input could be even fewer than 256 samples and still work fine.

For velocity sensitivity, what you're suggesting should be great!

Brian