[sdiy] TapLFO question: It's 2 mints in one?

Joe Frey frey at radioles.com
Sat Aug 1 05:31:09 CEST 2015

List, Building the Tom Wiltshire tap tempo LFO circuit hanging off a tap
tremolo board from Taylor Livingston. I am using this with Moog stuff so
I need 5v cv. Tom Wiltshire said leave off the last 2 stages of the
tl074 for 5v cv out. I have a question.
Do I still need r16 and r17 in the circuit for the Tap Tempo LFO from
the circuit on the data sheet for this PIC even if I am leaving off the
last 2 stages from the TL074?
Thanks Joe.

Tom Wiltshire wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Yes, you can add the PWM filter and offset cancellation stages from the datasheet to pin 5 and you're done. It gives a +/-5V output with the values given. If you leave off the final two op-amp stages, you get a 0-5V CV, but if you turn the Tremolo Depth down to zero, it'll finish up at the 2.5V midpoint.
>
> If you have any problems with it, drop me an email.
>
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> On 18 Jul 2015, at 02:06, Joe Frey <frey at radioles.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, for those not in the US the subject is a poor attempt to be funny based on an ancient tv ad.
>> Anyway, I have a Tapflo chip and a nice Taylor Livingston made tap tempo tremolo board. I want to add a daughter board that adds a 0-5V CV output for use with my Moog stuff. I know how to use EagleCad. Can I just add the circuit from datasheet for a modular synth lfo onto pin5 of the lfo, so I can have the tap tempo tremolo and a CV out in one box? Thanks.
>>
>> --
>>    (">  <")
>>    / )   ( \
>> ''/ |   / |``
>> "Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly, because it might make it better the next time." --anon
>>
>> Joe Frey
>> A.K.A. Bitter Relic of a Bygone Era
>> joe.frey at radioles.com
>> http://radioles.com