[sdiy] MonoSynth Note Priority over MIDI

Chris McDowell declareupdate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 05:08:52 CEST 2014

> Do you search for it in the stack and pull it out and toss it?

Indeed you do. (Or one does). I keep a “note stack” array and a “stack height” variable. Note on increments stack height. note off decrements stack height, searches for the note in the stack, removes it and slides the others notes in the stack down to fill the gap (it’s definitely a bit confusing, I had to do some serious scribbling on paper to get it right). Stack height is used as the index to the note stack, and represents the current note output.

Looks silly typed out like that. Worth drawing on paper!

Maybe someone here has an easier way to do it right?

Chris