[sdiy] Hammond organ scanner project for any audio sources..

Ingo Debus igg.debus at t-online.de
Thu Oct 16 17:45:01 CEST 2014

Am 16.10.2014 um 16:08 schrieb Jean-Pierre Desrochers:

> To be used as a 'portable' vibrato/chorus effect for my keyboards.
> I already know some diyers on the net used other motors to spin a scanner like this one:
> http://modularsynthesis.com/modules/DJB-scanner/scanner.htm

If I were you I'd use a small DC motor like in this project. With the original Hammond motor you will get only a fixed vibrato speed. When run slower, a vibrato scanner produces a beautiful phasing effect.
I retrofitted the scanner vibrato in my Parie organ with a variable speed DC motor. This was very easy to do (maybe easier than in a Hammond).

Ingo