[sdiy] MIDI CC with Pots

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue Oct 7 08:55:29 CEST 2014

Considering that all DAWs/sequencers are fast as lightning, they will
retransmit incoming CC no later than 5ms later, while scan rate of the
synth pots may be in range of 20m, which is pretty fast anyway. So the
repeated CC comes into the synth at the time when it thinks the value
hasn't chnaged a bit, no matter how far you have moved thet pot during
those 20ms, before next scan.

OTOH I agree that the elegant way (or rather most important rule in data
centers for example) is to always keep one master/source of data, in
this case SQ. With local-off synth knob becomes pure MIDI controller and
change inside synth voice is performed depending on incoming MIDI only.
But when it's impossible to notice a difference, who cares if it's
elegant or not.

Roman