[sdiy] Sony C800 peltier effect

Barry Klein Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com
Wed Oct 1 19:26:24 CEST 2014

The cool side of the peltier cools the microphone module for low noise; the hot side of it heats the ambient air which reduces the nearby humidity.
Peltiers can take a lot of power to run and the heat they generate has to be removed by a heatsink of some sort.
I made a DIY CCD astrocamera with one years ago - and just fixed my friend's wine cooler that had a bad one in it.
Replacement part on ebay for $6!

Barry