[sdiy] Prophet 5 Rev 3

John Henson synthnerd at eircom.net
Sat Nov 29 23:06:01 CET 2014

Hi All,
I have two Rev3 P5's in for rebuilds at the moment and my problem is
this. One of them definitely has problems with faulty RAM (6508's) and
the other may have. The ideal solution would be to use 2716 EPROM's in
two of the available sockets and to use a 6116 in the third socket to
replace the 6508's (with some necessary rewiring of address and read
write and enable lines). This would also allow the removal of two now
unnecessary regulators from the power supply. That's all great but does
anyone have the Binaries for the 8.1C firmware so that I could program
either 2716 or 2732 EPROMs. I can't read 2708's with my hardware.
Regards,
John.