[sdiy] [OT] Illustrator CS6 .dxf file into Solidworks CAD - help!

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Fri Nov 28 15:55:38 CET 2014

Hey Owen,

I don't use Solidworks but I may be able to help out. Solidworks looks
like it will load illustrator files directly, have you tried saving it
as the oldest illustrator version supported by CS6? Here is the full
list of supported formats:
http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/3d-cad/cad-import-export.htm

Another option is to use Moi3D, which has a free 30 day trial, it uses
the .3dm file format which is the same a Rhino, and this format is
supported by Solidworks - and it also supports loads of other file
formats so you can use it like a 3D file format translator
www.moi3d.com . I also know that Modo and Solidworks talk to each
other, and I have Modo, so if all else fails you can contact me off
list if you want and I can try saving out a bunch of formats from Modo
for you.

All the best,

Andy

-- cytomic -- sound music software --