[sdiy] For you FM synthesis fans

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 19:25:40 CET 2014

You can do reasonably good formant synthesis using FM modulator/carrier pairs. So if you can extract the pitch, formant centres and formant widths from the spectrum of a sound, it's not that difficult to achieve the target spectrum given enough operators.

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- Scott Nordlund wrote ----