[sdiy] DIY Studio Compressor

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Thu Nov 20 17:47:09 CET 2014

What I find interesting about THAT Corp is their chip fab, which is an ex-military facility that can isolate each transistor on the die. It's almost the same performance as discrete transistors, but without the mess. Most chips share the substrate across all transistors, and thus there is some bleed or crosstalk as the current can flow between. But THAT Corp fabrication methods allow them to divide the substrate as desired, so that current cannot flow except as designed. I don't think they isolate every individual transistor in every chip, but they do have the ability to dial that in as needed or desired. Fascinating stuff, if you get a chance to see their presentation on the fab they purchased from the U.S. military.

Brian