[sdiy] Wood working cv jacks!?

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:33:27 CET 2014

On Nov 11, 2014, at 5:03 PM, blacet at blacet.com wrote:

> There are wood boring bits that have a flat square face with a small tip
> for starting and centering the hole. A common hardware store item. Not
> sure what they call them---chisel tips maybe?

Spade bits. Forstner bits have a smaller tip and leave a cleaner hole. You can feed them faster, too.. There's a third type of bit that's used for larger holes but the name escapes me at the moment. It's shaped like a section of an auger bit.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list