[sdiy] what's the trick with these ribbon connectors?

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 12:42:23 CET 2014

On 11/11/2014 10:20, Adam Inglis wrote:
> In attempting to repair my Roland R8 drum machine, I came across a
> ribbon connector that I was unfamiliar with.

> what is the trick with these things?

> http://www.adambaby.com/images/tech%20pics/R8ribbonconn.JPG
>
> cheers
> Adam

Without seeing the top it is hard to be sure, but this looks like one of
the connectors which has a movable top section which is pushed down to
lock the stripped ends of the ribbon in place. To unlock and remove the
cable you generally need to prise up the locking part to release the
pressure on the conductors.

It isn't always obvious which part moves and which part doesn't.

HTH,

Steve L.