[sdiy] Michael Barton?

Nicholas Keller niroke at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 05:31:48 CET 2014

Thanks for that info, A

I suppose it's a bit of a trade off, but compared to the Doepfer A-156 Dual Quantizer that he mentions (of which I have three), he sacrificed switches, transpose, and range in theirs for 5x the modes on his!   Well, the switches on the Doepfer get you to some of the other modes, but still.  Again, I'm not as up to date as I could be with all the quantizers in the world, but I don't know of one that offers these scales. Maybe the Analogue Systems one? And I suppose the Intellijel uScale can do them, and more, has a great interface, is compact, etc....but it's a single unit for $250 or so.  The uScale's is actually the function I want from a quantizer, a programmable scale not based on any of the standards in the BMC Simple and Nice Quantizers.  However, the BMC User Writable Q allows this programmability, with the additional possibility of micro tuning which the uScale will not support.

And thanks for the link again, I meant to include it in my initial post. I actually have had the link saved on my phone screen for quick access for about two months and so I didn't forget about it or lose it.

Nick