[sdiy] early history of motorola 4-quadrant multipliers?

michael johnsen johnsen.rahbek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 00:47:21 CET 2014

yes, thanks.
that's just it -- if you look at the databooks, they seem to arrive all at once.
i neglected to mention that jim thompson told me that he designed the mc1545
in the summer of 1968 and that the device i'm restoring was made in 1969, so
that part of the chronology is pretty firm. he didn't have anything to
do with writing
the datasheet or app notes, though, as he also told me that it wasn't a
multiplier at all, but a mux.