[sdiy] Load testing dual PSU

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Mon Nov 3 13:49:52 CET 2014

hi,
actually I use both :)
A string of 1 ohm 20W resistors, about 15 of them, so I can adjust load
resistance with banana cable by clamping part of the string. And there
is also G4 socket with soldered across part of the ladder, so I can see
if there's heavy current flowing or not witout looking at power supply
Amp meter. This is usable when testing switching circuits. I plug there
5W, 10W or 20W bulb depending on needed load capacity.

It get's hot, no matter what you do, just learn to live with that. Not
really pssssst hot, the resistors get nicely warm/hot after some time at 3A.

Your temperatures will stabilize in manner of minutes, not days, so
unless you are doing burn-in test, there's no need to leave it on for so
long.

Roman

PS for my Facebook friends, few hours ago I posted a picture with the
load fixture described here.