[sdiy] Digital modular backplane - update

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Mon Mar 31 14:03:48 CEST 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 01:53:19PM +0200, Roman Sowa wrote:
> and now the time for a very stupid joke, please don't ban me for this:
> why not use touchscreen displays for entire module panels and forget
> about all the knob-related problems? Or simply make special brackets
> for iphone to match rack rails, put a few dozens of those in, and
> voila, modular synth of our times...

Well, you can get little ARM-based tablets with 7" resistive touch screens for 40 quid in onesy-twoesy quantities.  If you wanted enough to populate your rack you could cut a deal with the Chinese manufacturer - they're all built to the design in the SoC app note.

You'd even have spare processor power available for synthesis...

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ