[sdiy] Digital modular backplane - update

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 20:06:47 CEST 2014

Hi Damian,

Thanks for collecting and sending all the info! Looks great. I am a list member for quite some time already, but have become more "active" in the last months. Here's a brief introduction for anyone interested:

My name is Rutger, 31 y/o, living in Nijmegen (Netherlands). Have been playing keys for various (prog) rock bands and doing synth DIY since age of 21. Have a masters degree in artificial intelligence and just finished a PhD in Brain-Computer Interfacing (with EEG). Looking for job opportunities to move away from academia. I love science, but I hate present academic climate (pressure, ego's, competition, etc). Thinking about starting a small company to share some of my recent DIY efforts with a wider audience. Have recently been working on prototyping a new idea for a discrete OTA and obtained pretty good results! Also very much interested in the "bigger picture" of synths and other new instruments, large innovations, a new standard to replace MIDI, digital modulars, etc :).

Best,

Rutger

ps. And did already mention that I'm looking for job opportunities in synth design (sorry, shameless pluggin' going on here).