[sdiy] Hot air rework stations - question/suggestions

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 19:03:40 CET 2014

I need to remove a couple of LGA14 chips from a not too densely populated commercial dev board.

This should be well within the capability of one of the more reasonably priced entry level hot air solder/rework stations right?

Considering I'm much closer to the Xytronic end of the market than the Weller end - anyone want to suggest a rig that will handle this job that is a step up from my current beaten up old solder sucker?

Thanks,

- J