[sdiy] Anyone in the UK used RS Calibration Services?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:47:48 CET 2014

Dave Manley wrote:
> What are the before/ after results?  How farr off spec have you seen a piece
> of test equipment get?

I knew mine had a dodgy 3V range, which they picked up and corrected
to get it to pass cal.  Each test house has their own way of
formatting a test report.  Some provide little detail, others provide
lots of detail.

> I've seen lots of gear go out for cal at the companies I've worked for but
> never seen a report.

There are some examples from some labs on the internet.
In the UK you can also get a good idea of a cal lab's capabilities by
looking up their UKAS schedule.  Maybe NIST is the same in the US?

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk