[sdiy] Any SSM2164 pspice model available on the net ??

Chris McDowell declareupdate at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:41:11 CET 2014

> The stability network is a not really necessary for low frequency simulations:
> - the -3dB point is at 507kHz so it has negligible effect on behaviour
> in the audio band

I seem to recall when I first played with the 2164, I tried a simple VCA without the stability network and it didn’t work at all. Was “flipping out”, you could say. Adding the network settled things down, so I’ve always included it from then on. I did also notice recently that in an SVF based on the 2164 on a breadboard, I had taken the 560p caps out (and forgotten) and the thing still worked great. I wish I could remember where, but I remember reading that the 2164 has high gain at high frequencies and that’s why that ~500kHz cutoff helps so much. Neil, (or anyone), can you comment on this?

Chris