[sdiy] Circuit purpose?

Ove Ridé nitro2k01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 03:16:34 CET 2014

On 18 March 2014 02:55, John Henson <synthnerd at eircom.net> wrote:
> I have seen similar circuit topologies over the years in many areas, but
> this looks like an audio line out circuit which is one component more
> complicated than it needs to be. The 680R resistor represents the 600 Ohm
> output impedance (it's the cheapest nearest value) the back to back Electro
> Caps to behave like a Bi-Polar, and the obligatory 100k to Ground to stop
> charge on the last Cap causing clicks and bangs when plugging connectors in
> and out.
> If this is something you want to work with, go with 680R resistor from the
> Op-Amp output connected to Bi-Polar cap and 100k to Ground after this.

A non-polarized electrolytic capacitor is really two polarized ones
connected back to back internally, so it's really two components, even
if you can't see it. :)
I'm guessing those weren't made, or at least weren't cheap enough when
the circuit David is looking at was produced.

--
/Ove

Blog: <http://blog.gg8.se/>

"Here is Evergreen City. Evergreen is the color of green forever."