[sdiy] oh KiCad

Nathanael King nate at paperproductsmusic.com
Mon Mar 17 21:45:37 CET 2014

> One apparent change -- which from the user perspective is huge --
> which isn't documented ANYWHERE is the change to the component
> libraries. Anyone here know much about that? I can't even find out
> when the change was implemented, let alone any of the details.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean the included components are
different than a previous release or editing/adding components is not
how you'd expect? The included components seem to change on every
release, or that's the vibe I get when I talk to users. It's my
experience expecting included libraries to function "expectedly" with
kicad is a frustrating endeavor. The only included libraries I use in
my designs are the power symbols in the schematic editor as I never
got those working correctly when created new.

Nate