[sdiy] << FIXED >> TX802 Power Supply failure

Gil W. gil_we at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 02:22:09 CET 2014

Ok so it seems my report was made too soon :/

It didn't take more than 15 minutes for the TX802 to finally become unstable.
When it does, the voltages starts to drop and the PS gets really hot (no, I didn't touch it...)

Obviously there's something which has caused it to fail at the first place which I still haven't figured out...
But what can this be ? All elect. caps and regulators are now fresh...

I'm starting to want to go the linear path :/ Is it likely that something outside of the PS circuit taking it down ?