[sdiy] TX802 Power Supply failure (replacing 3W with 5W resistor)‏

Gil W. gil_we at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 10:14:40 CET 2014

Hi.

So I replaced D5 with UF4007, Q1 with 2SC3572 (equivalent to original 2SC3559), the 7915 and 7815 with fresh ones, and the PC817 optocoupler. Also put a new 22ohm/5W instead of the dead R1. I powered up and nothing... can't get the final +15/-15/+5 volts.

The two other fast 1SS84 diodes has some marks of greenish acid on the leads. Could this have taken D5 out in the first place ? The do not short, however. These are D2 and D6.. Could Q1 take out the T1 transformer while shorting ? I also think about recapping it. Do you think there's a point insisting to fix this ? couldn't find other bad components so far (well, checked only diodes and transistors).

I think I have a Polysix powersupply board laying around. Will it do the job ? IIRC it should make +15/-15/+5/-5 volts...

Thanks again !