[sdiy] TX802 Power Supply failure (replacing 3W with 5W resistor)‏

Colin f colin at colinfraser.com
Tue Mar 11 15:14:00 CET 2014

> Good luck!  If it was me I think i'd consider retro-fitting a
> whole new SMPSU if you can find one that will fit.

There is a metric shedload of room.
My TX802 supply died.
I replaced it with a 5V SMPS line lump and a simple linear supply for the 15
volt rails.
Much simpler than messing with that nasty looking switcher.
By the time it had died a fair area of the PSU PCB had blackened, so even if
I had identified the component(s) at fault, it might need a new PCB.

Cheers,
Colin f