[sdiy] Tone control questions

Phil Macphail phil.macphail at liivatera.com
Tue Mar 11 11:37:38 CET 2014

Hi David,
What kind of simulations have you run, and what kind of measurements have you made?

I would start with measuring the DC voltages on each of the nodes (the schematic is simple enough to work these out by hand). I wouldn't do anything else until these readings are correct.
Did you run any transient simulations on the design, or just AC for the frequency response? If it's the latter then is your test signal level low enough to be sure that the amplifiers aren't clipping? This can be hard to spot at the output of a frequency-selective network  as the clipped signal can be filtered by later stages.
If the DC readings are correct and the test signal small enough then I would suspect either wrong wiring or wrong component values.

Good luck

Phil.