[sdiy] Tone control questions

Phil Macphail phil.macphail at liivatera.com
Tue Mar 11 11:16:48 CET 2014

I can't agree with that. Simulations tell you how the circuit you have created will behave within the test environment of the simulator. If you create that same situation in reality then the simulation and measurement will agree well (how else do we have millions of chips for sale for so little?).
Most errors when using simulators are the use of ideal components and not representing the external loads in the test harness. If you choose not to represent reality in your simulations, that isn't the fault of the simulator.

Returning to the question asked by Carsten, the two most likely causes are either a wiring error or the test environment is loading the circuit significantly in a way that wasn't included in the simulation.

Phil.