[sdiy] Good Bench lamp? possibly w magnifier?

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Fri Mar 7 21:47:18 CET 2014

I have a Lite Source LSM-180BLK Desk Lamp its similar to the  much
cheaper http://www.unicornelex.com/Magnifying_Lamp_5_Diopter_22W_Black_p/24-4831.htm
but its all metal and nice optics, but its around $140

but i use my vision engineering mantis, i got an old one off ebay, it
still not that cheap, but i lucked out and got one for $250 with two
two sets of optics, typically they run $650-$1500

though the 6x SLWD i don't care for as much, the 10x optic for me is
what i like., the swld sometimes just gets in the way

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vision-Engineering-Mantis-Stereo-Microscope-with-6X-SLWD-objective-/161240062017?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258aa81841

this ones seen the wars, the base is modded, but there are others.

amscope.com has lots of normal microscopes cheap, they're having a
"52%" sale but to be honest, they always seem to be having one sale or
another.