[sdiy] Good 24db/oct HP-LP-BP-Notch filter Schematics ??

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 18:08:11 CET 2014

Tom Wiltshire wrote:
> It's hard to see, but that's a CA3046 tranny array, and I can see at least two CA3080's on http://fa.utfs.org/diy/rs110/DSCI0012.JPG
>
> My bet is on Moog 4-pole with CA3080's acting as output amps for the stages. The Taurus design is the simplest of the Moog output amps, and that'd make the circuit simpler. The TL072's are the mixer amps and the CV handling and whathaveyou.

Since one CV input is set to 1V/oct my guess would be the CA3046 is
used for expo conversion.  More importantly the lack of capacitors -
for a 4-pole design one might expect to see 4 equal valued capacitors
for the four poles.  I see the two red WIMAs down by the CA3080s.

Unless the schematic is available it might be fun to reverse-engineer it?

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk