[sdiy] Probing LQFP pins

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:17:08 CET 2014

Hello, I need to check some continuity issues on a circuit board using an LQFP chip and suddenly the probes on my DMM leads are looking a bit large compared to the pin size.

They work fine - but I'm thinking finer probes might make this job easier.

Is the simplest way round this to get a pair of DMM leads with a finer point or is there some new-fangled trickery that might be a better solution (without spending too much money)?

I'm using a GW Instek bench meter FWIW BTW.

Thanks

- J