[sdiy] Help: Souce: music of the avant garde//: scans ? library ? acess/ library copies east coas

Colin Hinz music-lists at primus.ca
Sun Jun 29 08:25:18 CEST 2014

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Dan Snazelle wrote:

> i know its a long shot but if ANYONE knows either WHERE i can find
> reading room copies in NYC OR who anyone who might have scans or
> photos ( even if i have to pay)

MoMA apparently has an incomplete set (their copies of #8 and #9
went missing a while back) so that might be a place to start...

> long story short:its crucial for research for a book im involved with....
>
> and copies on amazon are 350-900 an issue !!
>
> i know the page numbers/ issues for specific articles if i cant find
> full issues to view
>
> id rather spend the book budget on trips to university/ library
> archives than on Source back issue costs :( david tudor/ hugh leCaine
> are 2 planned trips. )

Let me know about your LeCaine plans -- perhaps we could collaborate.

(I recently learned that NRC transferred their LeCaine holdings to
the National Library and Archives, so now NLA has everything, both
his "work" files as well as his "personal" archive, which I have
already seen.)

- Colin

---