[sdiy] (ot) best old synths for CV/gate control of SDIY projects??

Dave Kendall davekendall at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 27 11:22:07 CEST 2014

+1 on getting a MIDI to CV converter. A trigger output is important for
some playing styles on the keyboard.
You can get by with just CV and GATE, but there are a few things you
can't really do without a trigger out.

Some MIDI2CVs (Oakley maybe ?) have a mode where a very fast "dip"
occurs in the GATE signal every time a trigger would normally be
generated.
This allows re-trigger functionality with envelopes that only have a
GATE input.

cheers,
Dave