[sdiy] (ot) best old synths for CV/gate control of SDIY projects??

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:05:15 CEST 2014

ive been BUILDING my own synths for enough years now that I forgot to BUY any for like 7 yrs!!

( last one i bought was a prophet 600)

but for fun, live,  recording, demos, etc it would be GREAT to have a synth that puts out cv/gate to control my modular stuff!!

so my question is, with todays over inflated ebay sales market what is a good synth to get that wont cost as much as a nice car , that has cv/ gate out?

on first glance maybe the ROLAND SH STUFF might be good as its mainly non proprietary/ ssm/CEM based...except maybe the sh-101??

or am i totally wrong about that?

as far as 1/v oct synths with cv/ gate OUT...korg and yamaha are hz/ volt

so that leaves maybe moog ( expensive) SCi (did they even have cv out?) oberheim ( same question)

sooooo

best roland with cv/gate output?

THANKS !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone