[sdiy] Polyphonic voice allocation algorithm

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Jun 24 17:55:41 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Thanks very much for all the quick replies about the Voice Allocation
algorithm.  The members of this mailing list are a wealth of useful
information, and the explanations i've received are exactly what I was
hoping for.

I'm still reading all the replies in detail so there might be a few
small questions about implementation to follow, but I'm sure I can put
together something workable from all this information.

At the moment I'm just going to use this to play about with some
different oscillator algorithms, but the tips about making the voice
assignment algorithm switchable will be very useful if I ever decide to
make this into something more concrete.

Best regards,

-Richie,