[sdiy] DAC Emulation

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 16:37:42 CEST 2014

I think it's a valid statement. You are emulating the behaviour of hardware with a mathematical formula implemented in software. Granted it is probably a very simple memoryless time-invariant mapping function, but I'd still call it emulation or modelling. Similar to how you might model saturation in a guitar fuzzbox.

Of course it might not be that simple if the original hardware also has some imperfections that the emulation attempts to faithfully reproduce. Eg, glitch energy, finite slew rate, etc.

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- MTG wrote ----