[sdiy] When vintage stuff comes as an ideal....

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Wed Jun 11 20:31:05 CEST 2014

On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:58 AM, KA4HJH <ka4hjh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:37 AM, Jean-Pierre Desrochers <jpdesroc at oricom.ca> wrote:
>
>> When vintage stuff comes as an ideal....
>> http://r.ebay.com/WWlpDN
>> I'll never understand those who buy these …

Nobody has bought it.  And most likely nobody will.

This is a vintage guitar shop attempting sell the wiring harness on consignment for a potentially deranged customer.  And it's probably a really bad business decision for them.  (This gets worse if you look up the details...)

> Those carbon composition resistors are what gives it "that sound". If there were a cap in the circuit it would triple the price.

Those are 0.022 uF caps, not carbon composition resistors.  Sheeshe, guys, c'mon, get with the program.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California