[sdiy] Analog MAT12 matched NPN pairs

Matthias Herrmann matthias.herrmann at fonik.de
Sun Jun 1 13:54:56 CEST 2014

not necessarily. i rencently matched quite a few 2n3906. all from the same
batch, and while most pairs had less than 2mV Vbe difference (the value moog
once specified), one transistor had been way off (7mV Vbe for the pair). i don't
have exact numberes, but as a rough estimate i would say 1 out of 30? anyways, i
you pick randomly you might get the worst pair from your batch, no matter how
large your batch is. why risc this while matching could be done easily?

BTW i did use ian fritz' method, which uses very few parts. one could easily
build it on breadboard or a small piece of proto:
http://home.comcast.net/~ijfritz/MiscProj/transmat001.pdf

just my 2 pence.

cheers,
matthias