[sdiy] Korg release full-size MS-20 kit

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 10:43:24 CET 2014

Hi,

Eric Wood wrote:
> I wondered about the price; I saw a quote of like $1400? Why; if the mini is around $600 would this be so much more for something you assemble yourself?

Because you're still thinking of this as an instrument to play.  This
"kit" is designed to appeal to the collector, or the hardcore fanatic
who wants to say that they built it themselves so it has a part of
their own passion in it.  For these people, price is no object, indeed
the exclusivity adds to the perceived "value".

Simply put, if you can't afford it or you don't understand the high
price then this product is not for you.

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk