[sdiy] Korg release full-size MS-20 kit

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Jan 24 08:44:40 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 09:10:02PM -0500, Jean-Pierre Desrochers wrote:
> Check the pots used at around 0:19sec of the clip..
> -Was Korg using those type of pots (that have a short life span)

You could always replace them with your own.  I bet you're not paying the equipvalent of 1980s prices.

>  in the original 80's design ?
> -Weren't they Alpha type at that time ?
> -SMD parts... good luck for any 'fast repairs'

Far quicker and easier to deal with than fiddly awkward through-hole parts.  If I have to fix anything through-hole I charge an extra 25 quid per hour because of the sheer awkwardness of them.  You need all kinds of special tools for through-hole, really really big soldering irons and stuff.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ