[sdiy] Dotcom synth CV voltages ranges questionning...

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Sat Jan 11 18:26:58 CET 2014

I'm in the process of designing a CV mixer module
and, right after, a VCLFO module for my Dotcom system.

Here are my questions:
Since most CV control voltages coming into the CV mixer inputs
will be mostly 0-5v and my future VCLFO CV output signals will be +/-5v ac
signals
I saw a mismatch of the CV range here and am confused in
how I'll manage these..

-Suppose (on my VCLFO module) I have 5 different LFO signal shapes available
 on 5 separate jacks that are +/-5v in level, I was thinking I could
 put a small toggle switch beside each of these outputs called 'offset'
 that when switched would change the +/-5v to 0-5v levels
 to accomodate the CV mixer inputs when needed... (???)

-OR I could design the CV mixer inputs to make them able to
 'adjust' the incoming levels to never go in the negative side.. (???)
 but doing so the +/-5v would become 0-10v..

What are the 'standard' synth systems use in these situations ?

Thanks.
J-Pierre